Approachable (adj): 1.friendly and easy to talk to 2. able to be reached from a distance.
1. Don’t be dark and mysterious. James Dean is dead and so is the “brooding human.”
2. Value the power of ignorance because it makes you more accessible to other people. There is no such thing as a know-it-all. Such a creature ends up knowing nobody.
3. Laugh. Preferably at yourself instead of others.
4. Don’t feel the need to be the savior of the world. Instead, start filling sandbags to hold back the flood.
5. Don’t be sure. People who are sure have to later lie about either what they believed or about how successful it was.
6. Do not be a respecter of persons. The minute you assume that someone or some group is better than another, you’ve cut yourself off from a large portion of the earth.
7. Don’t talk about God. Live God.
8. Show up in a consistent mood. It doesn’t have to be good–it just has to be predictable so people aren’t wondering whether Jekyll or Hyde will show up at the party.
9. Believe in something. It’s too easy to be cynical. It’s also very lonely.
10. Learn something every day–and be prepared to admit it.
Approachable is when we’re not afraid to be human, but instead, revel in the uncertainty of our humanity.
Thank you for enjoying Words from Dic(tionary) – J.R. Practix