- Someone letting another person go in front of them in the grocery store because they have fewer items
- A homeless man picking up trash in the park where he sleeps.
- Anyone who lets me into traffic when they don’t have to.
- A beautiful sunshiny day.
- Finishing up my daily writing, realizing that something really cool came out of someone like me.
- Sitting in a room with friends and watching them laugh and feeling a part of it.
- A really good meal that came out of nowhere from what looked like a broken-down diner.
- Discovering in the check-out line that the item you purchased is further reduced in price.
- Reaching into an old jacket pocket and finding $20.
- Saying a prayer and actually feeling better.
- Barely escaping being hit by an eighteen-wheeler.
- Driving through the desert at the end of the day, peering at a beautiful sunset.
- Going to bed with some aches and pains, to wake up in the morning with them amazingly gone.
- Reaching the end of the month and having a few dollars left in your bank account after all the bills are paid.
- Having someone compliment you on how well-behaved your children are.
- Coming home and discovering that your kids have actually cleaned their room.
- Having a very tiring day and then the dog comes in and licks your hand.
- Wondering how you’re going to spend an evening and discovering an old movie you really love is just coming on TV.
- Overwhelmed by the notion that someone who has known you for twenty years still loves you.
- Reaching your latest birthday and feeling younger than older.
- Knowing that you’re not alone, but you belong.
These are some astonishing things that should always be viewed with great astonishment.
Thank you for enjoying Words from Dic(tionary) — J.R. Practix