Control freak: (n) a person having a strong need for control over people or situations.
I have devised five questions I periodically ask myself, to make sure I haven’t gone completely nuts.
It’s very easy to go insane since there are no obvious fences or walls built at the border. So, without inquiring from time to time, I can become dangerous to myself and others. I thought you might find them interesting:
- Does everything have to go according to plan, or is “close” good enough sometimes?
- Am I happy while I plan, while I do and while I finish?
- Do I expect too much from other people?
- Do I feel the need to give orders, or can I also take them?
- Do I understand the value of humility and the power of gratitude?
I have found that when I don’t ask these questions, I can easily turn into a control freak.
And keep this in mind—there is a reason it’s referred to as a “freak” instead of a genius.
Subscribe to Jonathan’s Weekly Podcast
Good News and Better News