Blockhead: (n) a stupid person.
- I have been stupid.
- I am presently stupid but unaware.
- I will certainly be stupid again.
If you find fault with these ideas, then you are susceptible to being a blockhead.
Blockheads are people who are convinced that their concrete thinking is safe and reasonable, only to discover that they are out of step with reality and condemned by common sense.
So if you are looking for companionship, fellowship, relationship or any particular boat to take you across the sea of difficulty–or tranquility–keep in mind that intelligent people are fully aware of three abiding truths:
1. I am capable of being wrong.
2. Since I know that, I’m looking for ways to catch myself before “stupid” throttles me.
3. I am so busy with my own “stupid” that I must trust that you will take care of yours.
If you are with people who do not believe these three things, be prepared to constantly take your pickaxe of argument to their blockhead of stubbornness.
Jonathan’s Latest Book Release!
PoHymn: A Rustling in the Stagnant