Amiss: (adj.) not quite right, inappropriate or out of place
Something is amiss.
1. Calling arguing debate.
2. Believing our egos don’t need any adjustment.
3. Insisting that men and women are natural enemies.
4. A two-party system where nobody’s having a good time.
5. A religious grammar school playground that has nothing to do with spirituality.
6. Entertainment that thinks darkness is reality.
7. Trying to find new ways to intoxicate the already-dull public.
8. Being afraid to say “I’m sorry.”
9. Being likewise frightened of “thank you.”
10. Exalting culture over cooperation.
11. Pursuing the ridiculous while desiring to appear enlightened.
12. Failing to balance tears and laughter and forgetting when to use each.
I could go on. Something’s amiss.
But I’m certain of one truth: the only thing that can be done about it is happening inside me.
Thank you for enjoying Words from Dic(tionary) — J.R. Practix