Appear: (v) to seem: ex. it appeared to be true.
- Appearances are deceiving
- Things are not as they appear.
It is always fascinating to me that human beings are granted certain gifts which enable us to function in an intelligent way in a topsy-turvy world, and then we are told not to trust these senses.
If it isn’t as it appears, then what is it?
Sometimes I get confused by knowledge which is imparted to me and then retracted so as to leave the door open for future contradictions.
I need the ability to look at what is set before me and make brilliant decisions. There is a danger in second guessing. There certainly is potential for disaster in delaying action.
What does it appear to be?
- It appears to me that color of skin makes very little difference in the viability of the humans around of me to interact, procreate and work together.
- It appears to me that homosexuality is not my choice and therefore it will take me a while to get used to the idea, but in the meantime it appears to me that I can grant the gay community the dignity I give to myself.
- It appears to me that our political system has broken down in its own lavish overstatement and needs to be retooled to meet the needs of the population.
- It appears to me that religion has replaced God.
- It appears to me that men and women are very much the same 95% of the time, and I am a fool to focus on the trailing number.
- It appears to me that if I don’t lose some weight I will die sooner rather than later.
- It appears to me that my talent is sufficient to give me room and board for the rest of my life if I don’t freak out.
- It appears to me that I am more appealing when I’m not judgmental.
- It appears to me that God has given me eyes to see what appears, and have a sound mind to think good and pure thoughts instead of negative and dark ones.
Even though we find ourselves to be a generation of enlightened and knowledgable souls, we often remove the greatest gift we have by rejecting the responsibility that has been given to us: to learn and deal with what appears to be.
Thank you for enjoying Words from Dic(tionary) — J.R. Practix