Bond: (v) to be joined securely to something else
It’s a confirmation that I’m heading somewhere–usually out the door.
So footwear has a special significance to me. It tells me I’m ready. It tells me I’m going to be moving from my place of personal sanctuary into the coliseum of fellow-gladiators.
At that point, I need to understand one immutable reality: I must bond.
- I must find a reason to get along with others.
- I must be looking for commonality.
- I must carry a pocketful of logic to pay the toll on a highway of misunderstanding.
- I must realize that even though the humans around me may put on ugly masks or disguise themselves behind clown noses, beneath all that fakery is another soul not so different from me.
- I must penetrate color.
- I must be able to incorporate another gender.
I must find the bond … or stop being surprised that the whole damn world seems unglued.
Jonathan’s Latest Book Release!
PoHymn: A Rustling in the Stagnant