An optimist may feel ordained by the angels to bring hope to any given situation, but becomes ineffective because being in the presence of a pessimist causes him or her to be depressed.
This leaves the realist sitting on the sidelines, shaking his or her head over the foolishness of both extremes.
Thus we have the standoff on Earth which promotes more self-righteousness than progress.
- Optimists believe they are good.
- Pessimists contend that evil is too strong.
- And realists are ignored because they don’t offer any tools on how to tear down the wall.
It has come time in our season on Earth to begin to bandy about ideas which are enriching to the human heart, without trying to turn our emotions into mere marshmallow cream.
What do I desire to be bandied about in the general populace?
- Human beings are neither good nor evil. They ascend from dust to become earth, to hopefully reach for the stars.
- Forgiveness is not resolution. It is the perfect way to ignore stupidity while you’re waiting for karma to expose it.
- Men and women are not different. As long as we insist they are, we will treat one better than the other.
- We are not bound by or to our culture. Rather, we are blessed with customs which are endearing but also commanded by life to find similarities with all our brothers and sisters.
- And finally, revenge doesn’t work because it has no end. Sooner or later someone has to scream to the surrounding chaos, “What the hell? Let’s move on.” The sooner we do this, the lower the death toll.
These are just a few ideas I present which are not optimistic, pessimistic or realistic.
I would venture to call them humanistic.
Thank you for enjoying Words from Dic(tionary) — J.R. Practix
NEW BOOK RELEASE BY JONATHAN RICHARD CRING
A meeting place for folks who know they’re human
$3.99 plus $2.00 S&H